Rules and Regulations
In the Dojo, JUDOKA MUST:
1. BE punctual at all scheduled meetings and ask their instructor when going onto or leaving the mats.
2. OBEY the instruction of their Judo instructors and address them in a proper manner.
3. HELP to keep the Dojo clean and in good repair.
4. USE correct forms of standing or kneeling bows.
5. WEAR traditional judogi properly with their proper earned rank and proper footwear at all practice sessions.
- wear a white T-shirt under the judo uniform. (applicable to women only)
- keep their judogi clean and in good repair.
6. KEEP their bodies clean, with finger and toe nails trimmed.
7. REMOVE all jewelry and hard objects when practicing.
8. ABSTAIN from practicing Judo while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
9. WHILE on the mat;
- avoid chewing gum or having candy or food in their mouths.
- sit or stand in an acceptable manner and do not lean on the walls.
- remain quiet and attentive when not practicing and REFRAIN from engaging in idle talk.
10. PRACTISE only those techniques that are appropriate to the age, aptitude and ability of their partners.
11. SEEK to practice with higher ranking opponents and ENGAGE in competition only when authorized by the instructor.
12. FOLLOW the rules of the contest and RESPECT the Referee’s decision at all times.
13. INFORM their instructor for first-aid treatment of injuries.
14. BE courteous and helpful to each other at all times.
15. INFORM their Guardian that they are to come into the Dojo to drop you off and pick you up.
(applicable only to Junior members under 16 years old)